Friday, August 27, 2010

Realizations, Revelations and Resolutions

I have had a bad couple of days. E has been throwing screaming fits when she leaves preschool and it sets off my nerves. Twice now, I have been in a good mood and full of energy to get things done around the house, only to have those tantrums of hers suck all of the positive energy out of me and make me want to cry. Then, I eat.
Maybe I needed this to happen in order to show myself just how much of an emotional eater I am. It was like drawing a straight line between the stress, my sadness and me stuffing my mouth with food and candy. I need to learn how to cope with this in a way that doesn't involve food.
I am sick of my house being unorganized and a mess. From now on, only her kitchen and one crate of toys will be downstairs. Everything else is going in her room. The living room is no longer a play room. Also, no more watching TV until it is time for bed. I am going to get her room in order this weekend so that she can come home, watch tv while she eats dinner, then go up for her bath and play in her room while I work on/in mine.
Not only is her behavior a trigger for me to start eating, but so is sitting on the coach for hours a night while she watches TV. Just being downstairs and close to that kitchen is causing me to think about food.
I didn't eat dinner one night this week and the entire next day I was absolutely starving. No more of that.
I am going to get my desk together this weekend as well. My laptop will be set up at my desk and so will my paperwork and printer. I need to find a chair.

I am going to make a list each week of what needs to happen for me to have peace in my life. The things listed above is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment